Whenever a demo fails, it always seems to be something really stupid. This time was no exception. In my first session today here at SQL Saturday #153 in Salt Lake City, my last demo inexplicably didn’t work. I had tested it this morning right before the session. So I promised the attendees I would post what it was once I figured it out.
It ended up being really simple. Database context. Connection 1 was in master instead of Adventure Works. Connection 2 was in AdventureWorks. Apparently at some time I had also created the demo table in master so it wasn’t’ obvious.
So to the attendees of my session on Transaction Isolation Levels, I promise if you run the scripts that I upload to the the SQL Saturday site, they will work!